Hotel pick-up and drive to the city of the summer festival, Elbasan. In the second century BC, a trading post called Mansio Scampa was one of the most important routes of the Roman Empire. It was close to a junction of two branches of an important Roman road, the Via Egnatia, which connected the Adriatic coast with Byzantium. Due to its location the city has grown through the ages, letting traces of its prosperous times, to become today a modern dynamic melting point.
- Visit of the Elbasan castle
- Visit of the Ethnographic museum
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Walk on the center and discover the medieval romanticism of the Mosque of Nazireshë
Elbasan surroundings offer many opportunity to enjoy the benefit of the nature. From waterfall, canyons, hills, mountains and lakes, the landscape lovers do not hesitate to admire these wonders.
- Short drive to Shelcan hamlet and visit of the Church of St Nicholas. The interior is painted with frescoes from the 16th century painter Onufri Argitis. His works is characterized by post-Byzantine and Venetian influences. He painted icons, portraits, landscapes and churches.
Time to leave the city and direction to Tirana by the Krrabë road which climbs up to the Krrabë pass and then meanders on the crests of the mountains before descending on Tirana. Magnificent endless views guaranteed. Drop off at the hotel in Tirana.